Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

P0299 on a 2008 GC diesel, is it OK to continue to drive?

Customer Question

P0299 on a 2008 GC diesel, is it OK to continue to drive? What is most commonly the cause?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The code you have is P0299-TURBOCHARGER UNDERBOOST CONDITION . It means the boost is lower than requested and it could be a bad turbo or leaking intercooler or hoses.. I attached the diagnostic tests that you will need to follow to determine the issue.. If it's running fine then you can continue to drive it but if it has low power and won't accelerate properly then I would not drive it until it can be repaired..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,