Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 1994Jeep GCL, 228,000 miles. Jeep dealer replaced a

Customer Question

I have a 1994Jeep GCL, 228,000 miles. Jeep dealer replaced a safety recall for a 'floor shifter secondary detent system' in Sept 2014. Afterwards, I noticed that once in a while it wouldn't start unless I moved the shift lever back into Park several times, then it would start. It failed like that so seldom that I never remembered to alert my Jeep dealer of this oddity. However, it won't start at all and I had it towed there Monday - and it started every time for two days for them. Today same thing, won't start. Being towed momentarily this morning again
Do you know od any trouble with this safety recall of this floor shifter system? The safety recall number might be B02.
Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. cell: 919/376-5544. Thanks, ***** ***** Hendersonville, NC.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello J9e and welcome to just answer. Ask the dealer to check and adjust the shifter cable. This should take care of it. The other thing that it may be is a failing worn neutral safety switch. You may want to have them replace that also. Doing these 2 things will probably take care of it.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see how it is going with the Jeep. Let me know if you need further assistance.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello Joe, just checking back to see how it is going with the Jeep. Let me know if you need further assistance.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris