Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Leakage came off the driver side door and the door will not

Customer Question

Leakage came off the driver side door and the door will not open, how can I get the door to open to repair it
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you saying the linkage from the handle to the latch is off and it will not open? Will it open from inside or outside handle? if it will not open then your only option will be to remove the door panel from the inside to repair it. This will be difficult and you may need to damage the panel to get it off to access the latch to open the door.. There is no easy way to get the door open if neither handle will open the door but I would try to remove the panel and if you have issues because it's shut then you will need to break the panel to access the latch to get it to release..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  Brad replied 3 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,