Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Turn over time but will start

Customer Question

Turn over long time but will start
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This problem is caused by a leaking fuel pump check valve. What happens is when the engine is off, the fuel drains out of the fuel rail and back to the tank. Then you have to crank the engine a long time to purge the air out of the fuel lines and rail before it will start. Replace the fuel pump in the tank. I am pretty confident that this will fix it.

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if I need to send it again. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris