Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo has no right or left brake

Customer Question

My 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo has no right or left brake light, but does have a brake light on the back hatch door.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

If you have a third light working then your brake switch is good. Check both of the bulbs, if good check for power at the connector with the brakes applied. Sometimes the connectors have poor pin fit. Also check the tail light housing itself it has a built in circuit that the bulbs screw to the housing. Could have bad connections. I have had to replace the entire tail lamp housing on a jeep I owned in the past, to get the lights to work.

Please rate the answer and if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan