Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I failed instpection on my 98 cherokee 4.0 normal car

Customer Question

I failed instpection on my 98 cherokee 4.0 normal car scanners work but wen there test tool was unable to communicate. What can be the issue?
JA: What year is your Cherokee?
Customer: 98
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am n so far i cleaned the plug ports with isopropyl n cue tips n still was unable to communicate
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I hav accessories lights, aftermarket radio system, etc can ne of these or others affect it?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I checked the ciggerette fuse it was bad i changed it wen i start the truck it pops right away
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?