Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

Are you real? lol, 1995 jeep gc larado v8, yes myself, my

Customer Question

are you real? lol
JA: No. I'm the Jeep Mechanic's Assistant. What is the model/year of your Jeep?
Customer: 1995 jeep gc larado v8
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my rear driverside running light will not work even after i changed the light bulb
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: im not sure how old the battery is i have only had the car for a year. i changed the bulb. the break light works but the running light does not come on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was trying to see if maybe it was a fuse, but i cant figure out what fuse i need to check
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

You stated the running lights are not coming on. Is this also affecting the instrument cluster lamps?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what those are? Are those the dash lights?
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Yes, The Instrument Cluster and the dash lamps around the A/C controls, etc. Are they coming on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No they have not worked for a while
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Ok check fuses 12 and 24 in the interior fuse box, if these fuses are bad, replace them as necessary and let me know if this worked....

Here is a fuse location chart:

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I pulled the fuses but how do I tell if they are good or not
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Look at them closely and see if the little wire inside is broken. If you can't tell, replace them with the correct fuses either way and post back the results.

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I tried another 15 fuse in the 12 spot and the driver side running light still didn't come on
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Is this front or rear? Have you checked the bulb socket for power?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't think about that cuz it's the same bulb for the brake light and the running light. It's the rear light
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Yes it is the same bulb but the bulb has 2 separate filaments. Because of this there are 2 circuits in the socket along with the ground circuit. Do you have a test light to run some electrical tests??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean a test light?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One of the filaments is black so I'm guessing that's the one that goes to the running light
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Here is a pic of a test light Click Here.

The test light is used to check for power at the socket.

If the filament is black, try replacing the bulb again to see if it works..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have one of those
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tryed 2 new bulbs in there and it didn't work
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Without a test light for diagnostic purposes there are a couple of possibillities. The socket itself could be bad or you may have a wiring problem on the left tail lamp circuit.

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I just buy a new socket?
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

That would be up to you. You can try that and if it still doesn't work you will need to have someone run a diagnostic on that circuit...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there any way to fix it withought replacing it
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

I would need to see and hold the socket in my hand to be able to determine if it could be repaired. If it is melting, it definitely needs to be replaced...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.