Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Just put in a new battery on my 2012 wrangler unlimited

Customer Question

Just put in a new battery on my 2012 wrangler unlimited arctic addition.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: Wont start and flashes no fuse
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 42000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: At least get it started to get to dealer
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: Nope they did do the cylinder replacement warranty work last week at the dealer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The no fuse is usually due to a blown fuse.This will trigger this message especially with an ignition fed fuse circuit.Check all fuses under hood and inside the vehicle for any blown fuses needing replaced as this will correct the no start issue here if one is found blown.

I have seen a voltage surge occur in some cases when a battery is replaced and can short out a fuse with the fuse needing replaced.Usually it is an under hood fuse shorted out but I would check all of them.

It is usually the IOD fuse in the fuse panel that causes this message needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see no fuse that says IOD
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

In your under hood fuse panel it should be fuse J13

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7uidgtzsjgtd7i/j13-06-14.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete