Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I have a 1998 jeep wrangler I think brake booster is bad

Customer Question

I have a 1998 jeep wrangler I think brake booster is bad causing jeep to idle up sometimes and sometimes when you change from defroster to vents you may have to give it gas to make it change.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How can I check to be sure I don't have a vacuum Leake problem before we keep.changing sensors
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Well if you suspect the brake booster, then pinch off the vacuum line at the booster. If that affects the idle, then it is leaking and should be replaced. You can do that same test with any other vacuum lines coming off of the intake manifold. Keep in mind too that the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) can cause. Idle problems on those engines.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was also thinking maybe IAC sensor?
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Yes it could be a sticking IAC motor. I see more issues with the TPS than the IAC though.

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply. Let me know if you need further assistance.