sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My jeep cranks over but will not start and whe it does it

Customer Question

Hi pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm Victor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My jeep cranks over but will not start and whe it does it kind of loops down like it's out of timing then it starts
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: I just changed the fuel pump got good pressure plugs are new it was running ok then this happens
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 177608
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could be going on, especially depending on what the vehicle is. It's possible you could have a cam timing issue, low fuel pressure or fuel contamination, an exhaust restriction, or it may be as simple as a bad cam or crank sensor.

What year and model is the vehicle and what engine do you have?