Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

My daughter"s 2011 Jeep patriot electronic throttle light

Customer Question

My daughter"s 2011 Jeep patriot electronic throttle light came on for a short period of time then stayed off.
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Not sure. What bulbs?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried anything. It this vehicle safe to drive until I have it checked out on Monday morning?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The Throttle light comes on when the computer system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. You are safe to go ahead and drive it as long as the engine is running normally. If you can get me the fault codes in the mean time, I can direct you in the correct repair.