gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician

2016 rubicon would not shut down, even with the keys

Customer Question

2016 rubicon would not shut down, even with the keys removed. 30 minutes and a drive to the dealership and everything worked fine.
JA: In addition to the key, do you also have a key fob? Do you have a key code?
Customer: The jeep starts by key, but does have an auto start function. I do not have a key code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it a relatively simple fix
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: I recently upgraded the front and rear axles and changed the gearing ratio.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 4 months ago.

2016, under warranty, it will be fixed for free at the dealer. Unless you think it is related to the auto start?