Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I put a trailer on the back now the Brake lights a nd the

Customer Question

I put a trailer on the back now the Brake lights a nd the blikners aren't working they were at first
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: where are the fuses on the KJ 2003 under the bonnet or in the car
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: pluged in the trailer all working stopped to get fuel now no brake lights or blinkers even with the trailer unplug
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it's a fuse yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me a minute to look up the wiring diagram and see what fuse it may be. I will be back in about 5 minutes.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Ok, I have the wiring diagram pulled up, but need to know if you connected the trailer to the Jeep using the flat 4 wire connector, or the larger round 7 pin connector.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello? are you still here??

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Well, not sure where you went, but the fuses are on the left side of the dash(instrument panel under that cover), and there is another fuse box under the bonnet. Check them all. And if you find any blown, replace them and then have the trailer checked for shorts in it's wiring. The listing of the fuses should be on the inside of the cover.

I hope you can see my reply and if so, please take a minute to rate my service. I have to go get some sleep, but will check back tomorrow.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello? do you still need help?

Chris