Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Rear liftgate on jeep commander will not open : 2008 :

Customer Question

rear liftgate on jeep commander will not open
JA: What year is your Commander?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: snapped off the plastic panel on the inside of the door and pulled up on what i think is the latch. the gate beeped like it was going to open but the motor or what ever mechanism opens up the gate did not engage it will not open
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auto 175K
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Sorry for the long delay, are you still seeking help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** a link to the power liftgate diag steps. As you can see most all steps require a diagnostic tool. Do you have access to one?

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If you are not please reply prior to rating the answer.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris