Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It started

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It started running rough and lost power. DTC P2302 and P0300. I replaced the coil pack, spark plugs, and spark plug wires to no improvement so I had it checked out at a shop. After 3 hours of testing they informed me that the PCM was bad so I bought a new one and now it is still running rough but showing DTC P2305 and P0300.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

The p2302 is an ignition coil circuit code. p0300 is a random misfire code. You need to check the harness between the ignition coil connector on cylinder 2, and the ecm. Your problem is most likely in the wiring harness.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The harness being the culprit does not make since or it would still read P2302, but it does not on my ODBII reader. Now that the PCM was replaced for a new one it reads the P2305 and P0300. It does not show P2302 anymore. If the harness was the problem all along would it not still show the P2302? Also why do I now have the P2305 as soon as the PCM was replaced?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

The p2305 is also an ignition coil circuit code. If you have broken wires in the harness touching together it could make the code change as you described.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

While the engine is running, use a spray bottle with just water in it, to lightly mist around the coil pack connector, if the engine idle changes then you can isolate the problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

is there anything else I can help you with?