Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified
49095596

My radio intermittently stops working. The Jeep dealer told

Customer Question

Hello. My radio intermittently stops working. The Jeep dealer told me I needed a new radio; however, it is not only the radio..now my dash lights flash on, my door alarm beeps, my right blinker stopped working and my wipers went on. I am concerned it is more of a wiring issue versus needed a new radio.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I changed the fuses for the raido already. They were fine, but I changed them anyways when I thought it was still the radio. The wipers had been working just fine. Today was the first time they came on by themselves and I did not check them after that.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly... I am not opposed to having the dealership fix it but I do not want to have them replace the radio if that is not the problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: I did open up the radio compartment and all of the wiring looked fine... nothing was frayed or looked concerning. Oh, also, the air conditioning now only puts out both at the feet and the head, even if I only have it pointed towards the feet. I can still adjust how high it is on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello,The last 8 digits of my VIN number are 8L641877.Last night I did an ECU reset by disconnecting my battery. There was no change in the problem.Thank you.
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

There is a service bulletin that adderesses this concern, it consists of replacing the WCM module due to electrical lockup..

Here is the bulletin so you can read through it

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Have it towed to the dealer and have them replace the WCM module and all should be good. Make sure to take ALL keys with you for this repair so they can reprogram the keys to your vehicle...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you paid to use the service. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.