cwalkerjr21, Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.

I have a 2001 grand Cherokee limited 4.7 was running great

Customer Question

I have a 2001 grand Cherokee limited 4.7 was running great then I shut it off started it about 15 mins later and was misfiring. Threw a p202 and multiple misfires on cyl 1+2
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: It's got 170 k on it. It it skipping bad. It says random misfire on my code reader. P300 p301 p302 p202
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I work on cars frequently
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed all the plugs yesterday morning. Was going to change the cylinder 2 injector today when the part store opens
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No that's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cwalkerjr21 replied 4 months ago.

There are a few different things here that could be the issue ranging from shorted injectors, sensor or even the PCM. Lets begin by monitorign the voltage on the Throttle Position Sensor when it is acting up. At closed throttle it should read 0.5-0.7 volt. If it goes high on the scan tool, monitor the voltage at the TPS. It should read the same as the scan tool. If it reads lower at the TPS, check the input from the cruise control switch at pin 32 of the C3 connector, it should never read over 5 volt. If it does, disconnect the clockspring and see if it comes down. If it does, the clockspring is shorted. his Powertrain Control Module (PCM) may set injector codes if the TPS is erratic. If the cruise control switch circuit gets shorted to B+, the PCM will not interpret the correct voltage for the TPS.