Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Rebuilt a wrecked 94 YJ Wrangler took all parts off of the

Customer Question

Rebuilt a wrecked 94 YJ Wrangler took all parts off of the wrecked frame and place on new frame. Had a after market alarm system. Disconnected so I could start jeep while I had the jeep in pieces I put new fuel pump, fuel filter. check relays, for fuel systems did resistance testing on all of the sensors. First question would the TPS, or the Map sensors read continuity if bad both map and T
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 135k
JA: What year is your YJ Wrangler?
Customer: 94
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The jeep will start and idle will not rev up when you step on the gas wants to die?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No since disabling the aftermarket alarm I was able to start the jeep again fuel system is new. Jeep will start but not accelerate
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with this. To answer your question, I have never tested a TPS or MAP sensor by doing continuity tests. I do voltage tests with the sensors connected, or use a scan tool (OBD 1 style). I wonder if the exhaust is plugged up? Remove the O2 sensor and see if it will now rev. Let me know,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm currently out of town but will let you know when I return home
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Ok, no worries. I will keep an eye out for your reply.