Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a vacuum leak.

Customer Question

Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The black vacuum lines gets vacuum from the intake and the connection is at the dryer. Just start it up and see if you can hear where the vacuum sound is coming from which will tell you where it got disconnected at so you can hook it back up. I'm trying to find a picture to help..

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

What did you find?