Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My jeep liberty driverside window is automatically opening :

Customer Question

my jeep liberty driverside window is automatically opening
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: and its making a clicking sound in the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: its not off the window track, the motor is opening by itself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The Liberty has issues with the regulator cable breaking and coming off of the pulley. This can cause the window to slide down and open. Replacing the regulator assembly will fix this. Note that there may be a recall for this so call the dealer and see if it is covered. If not, then purchase a regulator assembly and have it replaced. If you want to replace it yourself, let me know and I will be happy to send you the procedures.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer and/or if you need more help.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris