Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

The cigarette lighter is not charger my phone : phone wont

Customer Question

the cigarette lighter is not charger my phone
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: phone wont charge when plugged into the socket
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, i want to check the fuse first
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, im at work and car is home. Just need to know where to look for the fuse and get the correct one pulled to observe
JA: Have you found the car's fuse panel? Do you know what fuse number you need?
Customer: I believe the panel is on the driver's side panel near the door. Which fuse should i look for?
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Can I get your VIN number so I can grab a wiring diagram?

Talk soon,