Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My name is kJ and we've been having problems with our jeep.

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** we've been having problems with our jeep. first the rpm would go up to 3 then gradually go down slowly but then i feel like theres pressure like no power and feel like i have to put more power so we had a friend use code reader and it saids p1762
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: 6 cylinder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well if its a minor problem yes we have a friend who can work on it for us both my husband and i are on tight budget
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: i really don't know I'm very new to this and we both are DEAF
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The code you have is P1762-GOV PRESS SEN OFFSET VOLTS TOO LO OR HIGH. It means that your governor pressure sensor in your transmission is bad. You will need to drop the pan and replace the governor pressure sensor and solenoid to resolve your issues.. Your transmission is not shifting correctly and this should take care of you. I attached a picture of the location of them to help with replacing..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad