Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a similar problem, but the drivers side door lock

Customer Question

I have a similar problem, but the drivers side door lock work , as well as the mirror.
However the passenger locks won't work or the mirror. The key bob won't work, the dome light stay on. The rear hatch won't open as well. I replaced the drivers side control unit but still does not work. every once in a while every thing works, but most of the time it won't.
I have had the wires between the door and the body repaired a few times but can't get it to work now. Any Ideas
Thanks,
Mark
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The main issue we see with the 2004 Grand Cherokee's is broken wires in the door jams.. Have you slid back the black cover and inspected for broken wires in the left and right doors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not spot any broken wires
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If none of the wires are damaged then do you know what codes are in the BCM Body Control Module?