sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

While I've had the usual fuel filter priming issues, to day

Customer Question

Hi pearl!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: While I've had the usual fuel filter priming issues, to day was a surprise! Parked at a Lowes for a brief (if that matters) shopping trip. Came out to restart my 2006 Liberty crd, cranked fine but wouldn't fire at all! (Usually with fueling issues they'll start and idle but won't power up. Waited ( while I called AAA) tried it again, it was fine! Subsequently (fingers crossed) it has been normal. Got home, ran the scan tool- no errors stored!!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not yet sure what I'm after...since the scan tool shows no problem codes stored...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: It's had no history of issues other than a bad fuel filter once that caused defueling.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I've replaced a handful of crank sensors on these for dying or starting issues but a loss of crank sensor signal should set a code. If no codes were stored then a fuel supply issue is more likely. I expect you lost prime and it eventually started on it's own due to the continued starter cranking.

Did you try pumping the primer on the fuel filter housing?