Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Water comes in thru the pillars on each side when it rains.

Customer Question

water comes in thru the pillars on each side when it rains. it leaks only when the car is moving.
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How long have you had the leak?
Customer: it started about a month ago
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it's a 2009 grand Cherokee
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have it the shop, they cant find the problem. I told them the water only comes in when it rains and its moving. this does not happen at the car wash.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: the mechanic ask, are you sure you didn't leave the window open. really!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Do you have a sunroof? If so then it's very likely your drains are clogged on both A pillars and you will need a clothes hanger or air to unclog the drains to prevent it from happening again..

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Are you still here?

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad