Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2000 jeep cherokee sport and it ran out of

Customer Question

I have a 2000 jeep cherokee sport and it ran out of antifreeze.I pulled over let it cool and filled the jug.Now that I ran it hasnt taken any antifreeze out of coolant jug.Have to jump start it to run and if its real hot wont start at all.Is there anything that I can check or replace ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Do you want to address the cooling system or the starting system? Are you willing to speak on the phone as this may be a bit more involved?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Ok, it does cot extra to speak on the phone. If you would like to do so, you are going to need to request a phone call on your end. I will get a pop up on my screen with your number and I can call you now.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello?

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Otherwise we can continue on this page without the phone call. It is up to you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cant afford that so can you help ?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

yes sir

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome. Where should we start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well 2 days ago was running ac it started overheating so pulled off and filled overflow jug.Did fine till yesterday morning.There wad antifreeze out of jug but radiator was bone dry.Let it cool added antifteeze to radiator.It would have to be jumped yo start would run but not rite.Checked oil no water no moisture from tail pipe,Cpuld a bad water pump cause this/
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

YES, the water pump or anything else in the cooling system that may be leaking can cause this condition. Have you pressure checked the cooling system? If not, this is the next step. The system needs to be put under pressure to find out where it is leaking or where the coolant may have gone. The leak could be so slow that you may not have noticed the leak. It can dry up or evaporate before it hits the ground sp you wont see anything leaking. Chances are the coolant was low for some time before the engine started to overheat. Once you find the leak, the failed part or component will need to be replaced. Then the cooling system will need to be filled up and burped free of air pockets and you will be good to go!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well i got the jeep home will start with jump.If you turn heat or ac on it dies out.But fan control and heat doesnt work but you can hear comptessor kick in
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sounds like there is miss in the motor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do they have modules for the spark?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
could a filter or pump be a problem?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You opted out the expert helping you and prevented him from replying to your question.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i need help

Have you checked for fault codes?
Do you have a compression gauge?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
need to talk toCustomer!!!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if not i wantba refund !!!!

He is not able to respond because you opted him out and prevented him from further replying to this question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hi this isCustomer It looks like you have opted me out so I was not able to respond. The category moderator has got me back in so we chat.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
However I'm at work now. I will be home later tonight and will respond then. Thank you for your patience
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! It looks like I am able to respond only from my phone and not from my computer. However, we can continue.