rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee, I have a cylinder misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee, I have a cylinder misfire on 5, I have changed the coil packs, checked compression, done a leak down test, I have checked to ensure the head gasket has not been blown. I have changed both the crank, and the cam position sensors, I have all new spark plugs. Help ? ( not a vacuum leak checked that as well via a smoke test. ) The car also just stumbles a little, my guess is a TPS as I have not changed this or could this be linked to the MAP ? I've done the O2 and the vehicle has a new cat as well, I've done everything besides build a new engine.
I also have a weird obscure wire that is a ground wire that connects onto the passanger side of the vehicle under the hood via a bolt to a circle connector that is oddly not hooked to anything ( wasn't when I got it) and it stretches across to the other side onto a fender, what should the circle connector be attached too ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

I'm not sure about that wire you speak of without a pic to see, but that misfire can be a bad injector or no power to it.

Thanks, Ron