Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Can't get off the sway bar link from the sway bar. Top bolts

Customer Question

Can't get off the sway bar link from the sway bar. Top bolts are off. Is it the shaft, pressed into the sway bar?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can't get the sway air link off of the sway bar nut is off is the shaft pressed into the sway Are?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pulling, tapping on the shaft with a socket as not to ruin the threads
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: The sway bar is off and laying out on a table I just need to get the link shaft off of the sway bar
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.

what is the year and model of your jeep?