Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

2002 Jeep Liberty shuts off will not hold idle ever so often

Customer Question

2002 Jeep Liberty shuts off will not hold idle ever so often sometimes shuts off when at a stop sign sometimes shuts off when you start it just happens ever so often
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

HI MY NAME IS***** TRY TO ASSIST YOU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

MAY I ASK IF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON ? AND HOW MANY MILES ON JEEP

CMP SENSOR IS THE MOST COMMON CAUSE ? BUT DOES YOURS ALSO CUTS OFF SOMETIMES AND WANT START BACK UP FOR LIKE 10 MIN ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It'll start but wont stay idle unless I press the gas sometimes I keep it at a very low RPM thirty seconds or so and it stays idling. Sometimes , and sometimes it just starts up with no problem it doesn't do it everyday but it does it about 4 times a week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a part number for that

yes u want me to send u a picture & part number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

while i m doing that it will take me couple minutes to upload dowload, but is check engine light on and have u ever retireve the code with a scanner ? thanks

Manufacturer Part Number:

56041479AC

PICTURE

USUALY A BAD CMP WILL NOT THROW A CHECK ENG LIGHT NECESSARLY , AND BE THE ISSUE OF INTERMINET CUT OFF AN STALLING , NEXT WE USUALY CHECK THE O2 SENSOR FOR THAT PROBLEM ALSO BUT THAT REQUIRES ,, HOOKING UP TO A DIAGNOSTIC SCANNER AND READ LIVE DATA TO SEE WHAT THE SENSORS ARE DOING . IT IS ALAWYS A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE THE CRANSHAFT POSTION SENSOR AND THE CAM ( CAMSHAFT POSTION SENSOR ALSO , LOCATED ON TOP OF ENGINE , BECAUSE THEY KIND WORK TOGHETHER , AND A NEW FUEL FILTER IS A MUST IF NOT CHANGED BEFORE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I just did the test and here is a screenshot of all the faults its 8 of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go let me know

ok got it , can you give me a minute to look at this , thanks , i ll be back with u in a few

how many miles on jeep ?

PO133 = O2 SENSOR , NEEDS REPLACEMENT , THIS CODE PROBABLY CAUSING THE P0420 , SO 420 IS OUT OF LOOP UNTIL WE FIX P0133 , ( USUALY BAD O2 SENSOR OR IT COULD FUSE GOING TO IT OR PCM GROUND MISSING NUMBER OF THINGS REALY)

PO422 U NEED TO CHECK VACUM LINES ,CAUSE THIS CODE COULD BE CAUSING THE 455 BUT 455 IS ALSO NOTORIOUS FOR GAZ CAP LEAK, GET ONE FROM DEALER NOT CHEAP ADVANCE STUU LIGHT WILL COME BACK ON AGAIN .

P 0 301 P 305 , U MISFIRING , CHNGE PLUGS AND COILS ,AS A SET NO JUST 1 & 5 THAT ARE SHOWING NOW , CHNAGE ALL SIX .

THE 1491 IS CAUSED BY THE FIRST ONE SO THIS WILL CLEAR LATER.

HOW MANY MILES ON JEEP ?

I M STEPING OUT BE BACK IN 30 MIN

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the coil packs and spark plugs and still no results I noticed these two hoses are broken can you please provide me with the part number so I can order them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I m looking for them ,I will let u know
How about a vin#

can you take another picture and point to it with your finger , i can make out the picture , is rubber hose , metal hose ,where does it hook up too.

have you checked on the sensor?

have you done a recent scan after the tube up or these previous codes is what came up after the tune up ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the spark plugs and coils same codes but I cleaned the throttle body and it seems to be working a lot better now I still got those two hoses broken can that play a role?here is the picture of the hoses
One picture that hose goes t cooling jug ,that should not mature but indoor see broken?
The 2nd if I m looking correctly , that air breather is connected to Throtle body we can't have any leaks , that will definitely make you throw o2 sensor codes and misfire , is rubber boot connection has cracks in it ? is that air box hooked correctly I see a gap in pic ?
Let me know
Did all the same codes came back ?
is that it ?
This one has item number .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hose next to the oil dipstick is completely broken and cannot connect I use a little plastic rubber hose to try to connect it but it's not airtight. The second house which is connected to the engine from somewhere is completely broken at the engine and it is majorly can but I can't hear any air from both of them

did you have the same codes again did the o2 sensor code come back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all same codes

ok cool much better picture

I m going to look for the vacuum diagrams and hose routing and send it to you if not this evening in morning ?

are you in virgin islands?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am lol . It's not the big hose for the intake that you sent me the small one that I'm holding in my hand and the other one is the one that I'm holding with the arrow at the bottom

ok got it

I have friend of mine works down the street from my shop at the chrysler dealership , If I cant find the vacuum diagram on My alldata Repair online systems , I will get for you from the chrysler dealer and the part#for the hoses you need ,since now I know what I m looking for.

A Positive Rating is much Appreciated

This Post will Stay Open For You To Come Back Anf Ask Me Any Follow up Questions You May Have On This Issue even after you rate me .

Thank You
Chad ( aka -Customer )