Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is stuck in Security Mode :

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited is stuck in Security Mode
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: okay
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnecting the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: pulling fuses and waiting two
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Have you tried retrieving codes? This may help us with this issue... Try this: Sometimes you can get the vehicle to display the codes for you via the Check Engine Light, just cycle the key on and off 3 times within 5 seconds and leave it "on" on the last try, look at the Check Engine Light, and it may start flashing "Codes". Basically it will flash 2 digit codes and end with a 55. (in other words, if the lamp flashes once, then pauses and flashes 2 times, that is a code "12"). Write down all of them and post them here...Let me know if you are able to get codes in this manner and we can continue from there...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert