Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

The 30 amp asd fuse keeps blowing but only when driving in

Customer Question

the 30 amp asd fuse keeps blowing but only when driving in my 2003 wrangler
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Website is having issues, that answer was not suppose to go to you. I'll open question back up so someone can help, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
danI need to know why the fuse keeps blowing not how to remove the seats
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The ASD fuse powers up the injectors and coils. I have had issues of the head stud on the side of the head rubbing thru the main harness and causing the fuse to blow.. Have you started it up and pulled the wiring harness yet? That is what I would do and id it stalls then you know it's a wiring issues and you will need to find the short to repair it...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I went thru the entire harness with a meter and found no shorts or grounds. the jeep starts up ok and will run endlessly in the driveway but once I drive down the road the fuse blows. could this be something other than wiring.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

I highly suspect a wiring issue.. I would start it up and pull on all the harness's until it stalls...