Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I replaced the transmission, clutch and exhaust system on a

Customer Question

I replaced the transmission, clutch and exhaust system on a running 1990 Jeep YJ, now the engine will not start. The engine turns over but there is no spark.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have replaced the Crank Position sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only replace the Crank Position Sensor. I have or am looking for a schematic of the Ignition Control Module to see if there are any missing inputs that are needed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. On most model vehicles there is a ground at the back of the cylinder head or at one of the bolts for the transmission casing where it bolts up to the engine.Check and make sure this ground cable is clean and tight and make sure it is installed.I have seen on some models when a repair like this has been done where this cable can be left off.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete