Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: p0300 . 2010 jk

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: p0300 . 2010 jk , replaced clutch and this code showed up
JA: Huh?
Customer: yup
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok . put in new clutch .. now misfire, clutch was not as oem but was told but luk that it is there replacemenr
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: t
JA: Huh?
Customer: sorry big fingers
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. This code is P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire.. Do you feel the engine misfiring? What is your VIN number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
getting vin
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1j4aa2d11al130735
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Since you pulled the transmission the issue is likely the crankshaft sensor not being adjusted correctly.. You will need a shim and a scantool to repair this issue.. I attached the bulletin telling you how to repair it and the part numbers needed.. The crankshaft sensor is mounted in the bellhousing and it needs to be re-adjusted to eliminate the P0300.. If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I changed the clutch on this jeep ... misfire code since.. have replaced plugs, crank sensor , cam sensor . swapped wires, coil , cyl 1 and 4 are misfiring the worst but 6 is half as bad , changed the clutch again , checked the flywheel for damage , did a compression test .. good . did an injector kill test .. passed , filled tank.. runs for 2 minutes with out problems then misfire starts and shuts down no 4 cyl , no pinched wires ( I wish)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that bulletin only applies if p0339 is present
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Since this started when you replaced the clutch then the crankshaft sensor is causing your issues.. With a scantool what does it show for RPM unlock? Did you replace it with a OEM sensor with a felt shim on the tip?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the crank sensor does not have any adjustment on the 3.8 , cam sensor does, at first I used aftermarket sensor then a oem one.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry this ones a pain
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still with me ?