Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

We have a 2002 jeep grand chereokee. seems the key set has

Customer Question

We have a 2002 jeep grand chereokee. seems the key set has problems unlocking the doors and sometimes last winter, passengers weren't able to get out of the back seat. Now the back "trunk" lift up door locked.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: It started last winter. We'd lock it and then as we would be walking back to the vehicle, if you tried to unlock it....had to be in a certain position for it to unlock. So something has been going on but yesterday was a first for the big door to lock.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. We are not mechanically minded.
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: No, none. WE LOVE OUR JEEP! Has 144,000 miles and is a good one other than this Locking situation.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No, don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. . There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. A condition where the liftgate does not open correctly. If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin with diagnostic instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,