Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

I recently bought a 2007 Jeep Grand CHEROKEE that had been

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2007 Jeep Grand CHEROKEE
that had been in a hit and run the owner didn't want
to put the$$ into it. However I feel in love with the
car and bought it assuming that it was only body
repair it needed. A week or so the truck would start
and run perfect. But suddenly it wouldn't start and
it would start for the next day. I got it alignment
done took it to the shop guy said it would need a
new clock spring cuz the steering wheel would lock
in place and the truck would not start. So we
replaced it the BAS/ESP light were also on but
turned off after the alignment. Now that we
thought it was good to go the truck won't start. It
makes a click nose like it wants to turn up but
nothing. Everything is the car turns on stereo lights
looks and unlocks just fine. But the actual truck
does not. Any suggestions on what it might be ?
Am I going to have to take it to the dealership for
them to fix it?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on... You said you hear a click and the starter will not engage? Have you checked to see if the starter is getting 12v on the small solenoid wire? If the starter is getting 12v on the small wire and it just clicks then you need a new starter.. But if you not getting 12v then we need to see why and I will need your VIN number to grab a wiring diagram ...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The starter work they replaced it along with the body repair we got done . Because it had to be replace along with the radiator since it was hit from the drivers side. The computer the plug into see what's wrong flashes different things on the passengers side.the truck won't start. Sometimes even for days and then randomly it will start and run fine as long as the truck doesn't get turned off..
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
when it will not start the starter is or is not engaging? If the starter is engaging then do you have spark and fuel psi? What codes are in the PCM when you scan it with a scantool?