Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I had to replace the right head and now my 2006 commander

Customer Question

I had to replace the right head and now my 2006 commander cranks fine but won't start I have double checked the timing all lines up correct
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It cranks and tries to start but it doesn't I have only 2 codes and they are low battery and low oil volts that all now I have charged the battery I'm praying that tomorrow it will start
JA: Well, we require $5.
Customer: Ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I have always done my own work
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pulled the front of the engine back off to recheck the timing checked all the wiring
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: It ran great but one of the push rods broke its shaft so I had to replace the head
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not at home right now but as soon as I get their I will
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.
sounds good, I'll be here.. I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Thank you... Robert