Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2003 Jeep Liberty is over heating. JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

My 2003 Jeep Liberty is over heating.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator, hoses and coolant. It only overheats when I'm in dead stop and go traffic.
JA: So many things can cause water pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing what I just told you
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: its a 6 cyl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Is the fan coming on? if you spin the viscous fan does it keep spinning or does it stop fast?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the fan is coming on. I pulled over today while the temp gauge was going up and popped the hood. The fan was blowing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh and I bled the coolant system. Or at least I think I did. About 3 months after I filled the coolant and tried one thing after another, someone told me to bleed the system. I did but not much air bubbled out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
to answer your question directly... the fan spins and does not stop quickly. Pls look for a NEW EXPERT. I didn't receive any response in 2 days. Thanks.