Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

I have jeep grand cherokee ltd 04 need top auto transmission

Customer Question

I have jeep grand cherokee ltd 04 need top auto transmission cos of leak it has no dip still ways so difficult that they tell us to take2stealer? Not happy cos do all maintenance my self as money a problem since been medical retired Stuart have put dexron 2 as temporary fix as zero oil wen dip using 3foot cable so put in only 1ltr as needed get food4cat and me!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes please it's difficult cos have not been able get maintenance manual wud also us full if u cud point me in right direction 2get that's not much money life difficult since was victim of attempted murder by women business partner so lost 25yrs of working life so lft2struggle on state pension.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Leak was on flex hose2cooler have put jubilee clip on2stop leak but looking at hose needs replacing can flexible section be replaced on its own since metal parts automatic box looks OK see from comments on net only able get complete assembly from dealer as I said have put dexron 2 in but see operation manual said use she'll 3404 at sorry am so slow lifr4me is so difficult since lost 50mls of my brain in attack on me fortunately 4me had very high iq prior attack at least not not like poor men who have lost limbs so am fortuneate in that respect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: I don't think so it's got merchant engine and automatic box is there anything else you need2no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

Is your only issues a leak on the line? Have you replaced the line yet?

Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Do you have your VIN number and a picture of the leak so I can give you a part number and price for the line that is leaking?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bin 1j898e8a54y154091 it's the rubber that's perished short bit from cooler steel lines transmission have just replaced there clip with my jubilee clip temporary till get replacement hose! Is it nessary2change hose and steel cos understand only complete assembly available from stealer will I be able 2get dip stick from them? Best I was able do was push3ft length ae cable down that seams hit bottom it had very little glued on so just put 1ltr of am dexron 11 at is the cooler lines just flow low pressure or higher?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just chk bin on jeep good thing since different fom owner reg certificate.vin1j8g8e8a54y154091. Perhaps you cud tell me where I cud get workshop manuals from got good from benter 4 a BMW like had but saddly2very much my supreme don't do jeep can't quite get that since they American publishing jeep home of!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am quite good with car maintenance have been doing it since my early teens am now! Have rebuilt engines also overhauled transaxle for hillman imp! Little late won't take on learnt most things from reading and finding out from pros make odd mistake but that's part of learning am not into botch jobs has got 110% perfect no matter how long it takes am electronics engineer by trade so have high are we doing?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do we have a problem cause not hear fom you4long time since asking about bin number etc!? Stuart.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks offer of call but money very difficult cos struggling on only state pension as lost25yrs of working life thro attempt on my life so have little in way of private pension. So need2sort this as cheep as possible through email mail or text! Was thinking lf steel plpe not needing replacing and rubber running just flow low pressure like cud get suitable hose from motor factors local! ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not received any help from you so is there a problem have other things 2do will let have wait much longer please.
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Did you ever get a picture of the leak so I can tell what you need?