Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

2007 jeep grand cherokee, after service replacing

Customer Question

Hi , 2007 jeep grand cherokee, after service replacing transmission oil, gearbox is whinnihg. More under hard acceleration
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Gearbox in idle sounds ok, but when hard acceleration whine up to gear change. Sounds loudest at around 2000 rpm. Butvworry that it beacme apparent after oil change
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No don't think, but just want to get idea
JA: OK! The Jeep Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No not that I can think of7, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

can you tell me if this is the manual or automatic transmisson?

also what oil was it serviced with? and how many miles are on the car?

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you