Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I guess you did'nt get my question. I have a 2002 grand

Customer Question

I guess you did'nt get my question. I have a 2002 grand cherokee and the heat and air only blowes out the defrost. Is this the blend door actuator, and if so can I get to it by taking the glove box out or do I have to take the dash apart? Also the transmition works fine but at a dead stop it wont shift down if you accelerate hard
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 6 months ago.
Hello and Thanks for using JustAnswer!I am Derek, a ASE certified master technician. I will be happy to assist you with your Grand Cherokee. It is not very likely a blend door actuator has failed. The most common cause is a blend door inside the heaterbox to break. Have you checked for codes? Check the codes by pushing the A/C and recirculation buttons. Hold them in and turn the left temperature knob one detent clockwise, then release the buttons.