Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

I have a 1998 cherokee classic with 125,000 miles. Front is

Customer Question

I have a 1998 cherokee classic with 125,000 miles. Front is skipping when turn left or right. Calipers, pads and rotors have been replaced. Acts like in 4WD on dry pavement. It is not in 4WD
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jeep has Trac-Lok and shop has added Anti Slip Positrac Lube to front axle. Just some additional info for you.
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer! My name is***** certified master technician. I will be happy to assist you with your question. It is very likely the transfer case has a internal problem. The vehicle should be raised in the air while the truck is in 2wd and spin the front drive line. If it is locked to the rear then the problem is in the t-case assembly. I would carefully check all of the linkages for the t-case and inspect the fluid condition. Is this a auto 4wd vehicle? If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.Derek W