rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2005 jeep liberty. It started overheating and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 jeep liberty. It started overheating and missing. I replaced the thermostat, water pump, overfill tank and replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs. It now runs good until it heats up and them blows white smoke and misses. There is no water in the oil. What is the next step?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 160000 3.7 v6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the thermostat, water pump, overfill tank, radiator, ignition coils and sparkplugs
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: sometimes the heater blows old air
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. It still sounds like a blown head gasket or a cracked head and it;s very minor right now, that's why you're not seeing the mixture of oil and coolant yet. If you do a compression/cylinder leak down test, you will find it.Thanks, Ron