Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 4.o L wrangler turns over but won't start. Has done this

Customer Question

my 4.o L wrangler turns over but won't start. Has done this several times now. but will start again a few hours later.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is nnew and motor turns over strongly
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it turns over continuously and attempts to start and then just dies
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I know what it is I guess yes
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: I've had it since new ang have done 260.00 K without any major probs. This not starting thing has come on in the last few months. Won't start and then I let it stand for a day then come back and it will start. Now it seems it won;t start at all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi , sorry to hear about your problems , I like to ask you a few questions about jeep .the year and what engine u have u in It.And have u done any recent repairs to it .thanks
do you know how to check for fuel and spark ? Do u have a fuel pressure tester and a test light ?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you