rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

JA: . How can we help? Customer: My Jeep does not

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My Jeep does not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Compass 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: was working normal
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: the battery was not good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
somebody here
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My 2008 Jeep compass does not start
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do I do for that please
the battery was good and the vehicle working but now if I use new battery does not statrt
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my Jeep 4 cylinder and the transmission is manual
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.There are many ways to interpret NOT START, so I am attaching a document to read that addresses a NO START condition unless you can be more patient and specific. I need to know if the engine does crank too. Please stop the multiple posts and give us time to respond.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The problem is in the security system.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The starter does not work. The ignition does not turn on.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Then you need to have a scan tool attached to see if it can be reset or if it needs to be replaced.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
You bet, thank you too. Ron