Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

Liberty: Looking to purchase a used 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport

Customer Question

Looking to purchase a used 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport from a dealer. Has 14,000 miles on it. Has brand new tires on it. It has a vibration around 50 mph. Dealer says it's normal. Is it?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on.

It shouldn't be vibrating and it's not normal unless it has a lift with big mud tires.. If it has stock tires then they will need to locate the vibration as it is not normal.. If the vibration can't be located the dealership will need to use the Sirometer or vibration analyzer to help determine if it's a first or second or vibration...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,