Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.

My 2007 jeep commander randomly does not start. ive heard

Customer Question

hi my 2007 jeep commander randomly does not start. ive heard about the mystery "jeep flu", ive also read about the transmission temperature sensor problem. i first thought it could be the sensor as the jeep usually fails to start when its hot, however it would not start yesterday morning when it was cold.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: i have been disconnecting the battery and removing the starter relay etc then reconnecting everything and usually it starts after aroud 10-15 mins of messing around
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In most cases if the problem is a sensor concern the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes so the system will need to be scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If no codes are found then the next step would be to check and see if you have spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. If you can check these things and post back with the results, I will help you determine the cause.