Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Wrangler: 1988 wrangler 4.2 sometimes dies at idle but starts

Customer Question

1988 wrangler 4.2 sometimes dies at idle but starts right up again.could it be ballast resister or ?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 11 months ago.
Hllo Im Chris and I will assist you.
The first thing I would do is clean the throttle body and change the idle air control motor especially if its original.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
carb is fairly new weber it idles fine then dies.restarts right away.
give me a minute i helping another customer please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please cancel and return my money on credit card iam not satisfied with your service.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.
Hi My name is***** will be glad to try to help. You can post back and forth as needed until you get all the information you need. I see the first expert opted out of the question. Drain the carb bowl and see isf there is any stale gas or sediment in the bowl as well as the fuel filter, Check for dry rotted and leaky fuel line and verify the fuel pump is functioning properly and there is no restrictions. if the carb has signs of sediment I would check for plugged jets. if okay check for vacuum leaks and exhaust restrictions. Let me know as from the symptoms it sounds more like carburetor and stale fuel troubles. Remove the plugs and check them for signs or lean or rich conditions. Let me know