Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Oh OK. The Malfunction Indicator Light came on while I was

Customer Question

Oh OK. The Malfunction Indicator Light came on while I was out driving.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Then it started flashing. But I was only a few blocks from home so I kept going. car started to feel really weird and as I pulled into my garage it almost stalled
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: It's never stalled before in it's life. It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Heavens no! I just wanted to know if I can drive it to the service station tomorrow or whether I will need to get it towed. Just how bad is it. The manual says if the MIL flashes it could be very serious
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: so should I wait for your response or continue my web searching?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 5 months ago.
year make and model? have you scanned for codes?