Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee Laredo I have no codes or check

Customer Question

hi I have a 2001 jeep Cherokee Laredo I have no codes or check engine light on.the transmission is stuck in 1st gear and wont shift to the next gear what could be the problem.thanks
JA: Many things can cause transmission trouble. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2001 jeep auto trans 4.0 six cylinder motor put it in drive go down the road wont shift to the next gear has park,reverse,neutral
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check the linkage dropped the trans pan looking for metal particals there is none
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 6 months ago.
Hello Im chris and I will assist you.
Can you scan the tcm?
also can you see live data on your scanner?