Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I've got a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L. At first, it would turn

Customer Question

I've got a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L. At first, it would turn over but not start. I checked for a spark and was getting a good spark. I changed the throttle position sensor and the idle air control sensor. I then attempted to start it and now I am no longer getting a spark. Could I have done something wrong?
JA: The mechanics can certainly get you off to the right "start" -- sorry! Sometimes I can't help myself;-) Seriously, though, the mechanics are real masters when it comes to fixing things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've run an OBD II scanner and got no fault codes.
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: I've had the engine rebuilt about three years ago. Some of the components under the dashboard may have gotten a little wet shortly before I started having problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Your next step is to check for power going to the ignition coil while cranking. Let me know!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no power going to the ignition coil
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It looks like i am getting a constant -12v from the green wire when not cranking. I'm not getting anything from the white wire when cranking.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! So does the ignition coil get power while cranking?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any thoughts on what could possibly be wrong? If you aren't sure, please let me know, so I can look into other options. Honestly, I am frustrated that I have waited two days and have so little information.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay! If you sure the ignition coil does not get power while cranking, this is usually caused by a bad crank sensor, can sensor and or bad PCM. Just be sure that the ASD relay and circuit are working properly.